Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Still Here...Just Busy!

Yes, we're still here. I know, it's been so long since I've written anything. I've just had so much on my plate these past few months, and then every time I thought about posting here I felt terrible because of how neglected this blog has become...and I would put off posting even more...logical, yes?

Anyway, here we are. The kids are well, finally. We've had several bouts of illness, the usual winter colds and coughs, which of course is dangerous for little Victor so he had a course of nebulized Tobramycin to get rid of his productive cough. Felix has had several high fevers followed by cold symptoms, which finally have settled down. Victor had some issues with bloating and digestion and we've been trying to sort that out.



But, it's springtime now. The days, although still rainy, are getting warmer. My garden has exploded with flowers, to the point of ridiculousness. It's actually so nice having a real garden and watching the seasons play out, even if this means that Felix got his first bee sting on Monday. I managed to scrape out the sting and get his foot on ice quickly, so there was barely any swelling at all.

Aside from introducing his foot to the stinging end of the local wildlife, Felix has also just been enrolled in school for next year...Kindergarten, his first year. School begins in February and he will attend for two and a half days per week. I'll know more information after our meeting with the school at the end of October. Felix is very excited about going to school, and I think he's more than ready. I struggled with the idea of sending him off to school versus homeschooling, but right now I think this is the best option for him. The school is very small and just down the road, so we will be able to walk there on nice days. The staff I've met so far all seem very friendly and spoke directly to Felix, including him in the conversations we've had, which I appreciate.

The boys at the library.

And regarding education, I have just started back at university. I'm doing my course externally, which means I don't have to go to classes or put the kids in daycare. I listen to the recorded lectures and complete assignments in the evenings after the kids are in bed. I've also changed course since I was last studying. Now I am working towards a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in English. I'm really enjoying it so far, much more than I thought I was going to. I was actually not that motivated to go back to studying, mostly because I'm just really tired and the evenings are my only time to relax, but I'm so glad I did. I'm interested in what I'm learning so it doesn't feel like work, which has probably been the missing ingredient the entire time I've been a student.

So that's where I've been...busy! I haven't been keeping up with anything online so I feel like I've missed a lot. I hope I can get back to writing on a more regular basis. Maybe you'll even see the quality of my writing improve...well, we can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...