Saturday, January 4, 2014

Year in Review: 2013

I like looking back on the year that's passed. Looking retrospectively seems to make the year stretch out longer than it was, and some events seem like they happened eons ago, not just twelve months or fewer. I like seeing what's changed, and what's stayed the same.

Overall, I think 2013 was a good year for us. I feel like we settled into a routine and figured things out a bit more. We're more comfortable now; life has lost that chaotic feeling. I no longer feel like I'm struggling just to keep my head above water. I think it's partly due to time passing: the kids are a bit older now, and the routine is pretty well established. I think it's also due to my efforts to simplify and detoxify my entire life. It's an ongoing process.

I don't really have any resolutions, except to continue what I've already started. There's a lot I want to get done this year, but they're not really resolutions, just things I want to do. I feel like I don't have enough time in the day for it all but hopefully if I stay organized I can get a lot of it done. I want to continue studying, as last year I started back at university. I want to exercise regularly and eat better. I want to sew again: I haven't really sewn anything since my teens but I just got a new sewing machine that needs to be used! I want to read a lot more than I did last year. I want to become a better writer. 

Felix is starting school in a month. I am excited and nervous just thinking about it. Mainly excited, because I think he'll have a great time and it will be so good for him. We're going shopping for school supplies pretty soon. It feels like a whole new chapter of our lives is starting. 

Since Felix will be at school for two and a half days a week, I've decided to go to playgroup with Victor. It will be nice to do something with him, as he's never really received that one-on-one time that Felix did as a baby. Last year I made the decision to do nothing all year, as I was feeling stressed and burnt out. We didn't commit to anything (well, hardly anything) and it felt like we were starting over from scratch. We figured out what works for us and what doesn't. Now I feel ready to take on a bit more and re-join the world. I feel like I'm back in the driver's seat instead of barely hanging on. 

2014 will be different for us, in a good way, I hope. Have a wonderful New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...