Sunday, February 23, 2014

First Illness of the Year

The dubious honor of having the first illness of the year goes to Felix.

Now I'm suddenly remembering all the things I wasn't looking forward to at the start of school, germs being one of them. I can't say I'm really surprised. Seems on target, to be honest. He has a temperature, a runny nose and a dry cough. He is insistent that he is perfectly fine and well.

I think all he needs is a good sleep and a few restful days. Wednesday is his first day of the school week, so hopefully he's better by then. It means I get to spend the next few days cleaning like crazy in the attempt to get these germs out of my house and minimize the spread (ha, fat chance).

Monday is meant to be our library day but we'll give it a miss tomorrow. Instead, we might do some quiet activities at home. Depending on how he feels in the morning, this might include setting him up on the couch with pillows and blankets and a movie, but we'll see.

Any time the boys get sick I take the opportunity to go crazy making all sorts of comfort food, which I guess they don't find too comforting since they hardly ever eat it (or like it). Oh well.

Anyway, that's how our weekend ended up: one sick boy and myself left with the feeling of germs everywhere and a little bit like an extra in the movie Contagion. I mean it's not quite on that scale, but quarantining is pretty ineffective in our house!

On the plus side I took the opportunity to show Felix the sneeze video and he is making a real effort to catch all his sneezes with his elbow. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...