Monday, February 10, 2014

Swimming Lessons

Felix had his first swimming lesson this weekend!

He really enjoyed swimming in the pool as he was taught to blow bubbles in the water and slowly gain the confidence to get his head under water and float on his back.

I think that learning to swim is a very important thing for all kids to learn, and I want him to be a competent swimmer.

One of the things he had to do in swimming class was pick up a ring off the bottom of the pool in the shallow water where they were standing. The idea was to bend down and get your face under the water briefly to reach the ring.
Felix picked the ring up with his toes. He cracks me up!


Are you a confident swimmer? Do you or your kids do any extracurricular activities?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea to get kids started young in swimming. I can't swim. I took lessons when I was about eight, but one day climbing out of the pool I slipped and fell under. It was terrifying. Since then I can't put my head underwater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the best swimmer either and I've had some scary experiences being dragged under the water by the current at the beach. It's enough to put me off, but I really hope my boys gain enough confidence to take it in their stride.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...