Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The End of the Road

When I started this blog in August 2012, Felix was two and a half and Victor was three months old. I was feeling lost, confused, terrified, and isolated after Victor's diagnosis of cystic fibrosis so I decided to write about it. That decision lead to my discovery of a wonderful and supportive CF community, and suddenly I was no longer alone. Blogging gave me the confidence to write publicly, and writing about all the little things we were doing and how it affected us was very therapeutic for me.

Felix is now almost five years old and Victor is two and a half. I feel that we are at a very different point in our lives now and our family has evolved to suit that change. Cystic fibrosis will always continue to throw us curveballs but I feel more confident and at peace with it. 

Most importantly, I no longer feel this is my story to tell. My children are still so young, but every day they display a strength of character and independence. They are stepping into their lives and becoming their own people. Out of respect for them, I feel that the right decision for us now is to cease writing about the minute details of their lives. 

I don't know if this decision is forever, or perhaps I'll come back if things change. I love writing and I am considering starting another blog with a different focus. I'll still share things about my family on my personal Facebook page, but no longer publicly.

If you're reading this, I want to sincerely thank you for a wonderful two and a half years. Every comment and e-mail has meant so much to me, and I've met some amazing people here. Thank you for making this a wonderful experience.

This blog will remain here, but will no longer be active. I am always contactable through e-mail at laurenmccusker@gmail.com and if I do start another personal blog I will link up the details.

Thank you again, and I wish all of you the best.

Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling stronger! All the best with the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I respect your decision.

    I'm often in a quandary over the ethics of even being a reader myself of the many, many 'mommy blogging' writers on the net.

    I always found your writing compelling and respectful of your two wonderful boys.

    I hope you find another venue to express yourself thru your writing that you can be comfortable with.

    I am glad your are feeling more at peace, centered.

    Wish all the best for you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...